You’ve just been asked to give a speech at the wedding, but you’re wondering where to start, we’re here to help with our top ten tips!
- Start planning early
- Structure how you would like your speech to go
- Keep it short and sweet
- Make it meaningful but with some lighthearted humour
- Thanks to hosts, guests, and wedding party; congratulate the couple
- Introduce yourself and a background on how you know the bride and groom
- Talk about the couple
- Talk about the bride or groom, with memories and past stories (for example, if this is a best man speech or maid of honour speech)
- Consider your audience
- Ask the audience to raise a toast (you could incorporate tradition if this is relevant, for example Greek tradition of napkin waving)
Remember you have been asked for a reason to give the speech, you mean a lot to couple and whatever you decide to write/say for your speech, we’re sure the happy couple will love it!