You have just gotten engaged (congratulations!) and wondering what’s next. We’re here to help you by breaking down what you need for planning your Wedding.
- Sit down with your partner and discuss what you both would like for your wedding.
- Plan a budget
- Put together your guest list. Decide on approximate number of guests – this might impact your choice of venues
- Discuss possible wedding dates, start with the year you would like to get married, followed by the month and you can narrow it down to the available dates.
- Research wedding venues in the area where you would like to get married.
- Visit and book your wedding venue
- Send Save the Date/Invites
- Research potential wedding services and suppliers – photographer, florist, invitations, cake, décor, music, hair and makeup
- Decide what type of entertainment you want for ceremony for example, live singers/bands.
- Book photographer
- Book videographer
- Research and consider options for your venue and ceremony décor
- The special moment of asking who you would like to be your bridesmaid and groomsmen.
- Leave the hen/stag party planning to them, one last task for you!
- Try on wedding dresses! (The exciting part)
- Research and reserve accommodations for guests
- Book your honeymoon
- Choose bridesmaids’ dresses and grooms suit
- Choose and order wedding invitations & stationery
- Meet with your florist to discuss options
- Decide on prayers, readings and music for ceremony booklets
- Organise wedding transport
- Organise a hair trial and book hairdresser
- Organise a makeup trial and book a makeup artist
- Choose and order wedding rings
- Organise gifts for parents, bridesmaids, groomsmen and each other
- Organise outfits for flower girls or page boys
- Have a menu tasting with your venue or caterer
- Create your table plan
- Supply wedding coordinator with a list of supplier requests such as a table for DJ or setup space needed by florist.
- Print place cards
- Call all wedding suppliers to confirm arrangements – create a timetable for day
- Give ceremony and reception site managers a schedule of vendor delivery and setup times, plus contact numbers.
- Get manicure, massage, waxing & all your preening and prep
- Do full wedding dress rehearsal
- Pack for your wedding day (If this includes staying over somewhere which isn’t your home)
- Pack for the honeymoon or mini-moon
- Have a good nights sleep! The most exciting day is yet to come.
We hope this helps to prep for your big day! We might not have covered everything in this check-list so double check always with your venue/wedding planning.
We hope you have the best wedding day!